December 2017 –Gingerbread Muffins
- 2 cups almond flour = 160
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs=17.5
- 3/4 cup almond milk=5
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled=58
- 2 Tbsp pure maple syrup =25
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (technically not wet, but should be in the same bowl)=2
Optional add in: dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F, grease a muffin pan.
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl (I used a whisk to prevent clumps).
- Combine wet ingredients in a small bowl, then add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Add optional chocolate chips (I highly suggest you do).
- Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way full with batter.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Notes: I made 6 large muffins without chocolate chips and had a little extra batter, so I made 3 small muffins with chocolate chips and they were AMAZING. I recommend you add some chocolate chips to your batter!
Per Serving (Makes 8 muffins):
Per serving (1 Muffin): 260 calories; 21g fat; 5 g saturated fat, 28g carbohydrates; 1g total sugars; 3g fiber; 7g protein; 620 mg sodium