Festive spring BREAKFAST CASSEROLE
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 green bell pepper, cored and diced
- 5 egg whites
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup Almond milk
- 2 T Avocado Oil
- 3 sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 2 cups crumbled goat cheese
- Green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Add the ground turkey to a medium pan and cook over medium-high heat until browned with avocado oil.
- Place ground turkey aside. Add the onion, peppers and sweet potato to the pan, and sauté for 5 minutes with avocado oil, ground pepper and Italian seasoning until cooked. Add the garlic and sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Pour the vegetables into the mixing bowl with the ground turkey.
- Add 1 1/2 cups goat cheese to the mixing bowl with the ground turkey and veggies. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk and more black pepper until combined.
- Add both mixtures together and pour the combined mixture into an 11×7-inch or a 9×9-inch ceramic baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of goat cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the aluminum foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes until the potatoes in the center are cooked through
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
Per serving (1/2 cup): 160 calories; 3g fat; 1 g saturated fat, 21 g carbohydrates; 2 g total sugars; 3g fiber; 12 protein; 312mg sodium