MAY: Memorial Day Taco Bites
- 1 lb Ground turkey
- 2 sliced avocados
- 1 can low-sodium black beans
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3 T lime juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 1 T Black Pepper
- 1 T Cayenne Pepper
- ½ bag Tostito “scoop” multigrain chips
- Cook ground turkey with cayenne pepper, black pepper, garlic, olive oil, tomatoes and corn.
- Dice avocado and mix in with rinsed and drained black beans. Mix into ground turkey mixture.
- Set Scoops on a large cookie sheet. Using a spoon scoop small amount of mix into chip.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
- Top with Plain nonfat Greek yogurt, Green Onions, Cilantro or other toppings!
Per serving ( 4 chip cups): 160 calories; 5g fat; 22g carbohydrates; 3 g total sugars; 1g fiber; 7g protein; 590 mg sodium
Meet with our Dietitian, Stephanie, for more great recipes and other nutrition services!