August 2017 – One Pan Shrimp Fajitas
Ready in 20 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 1.33 lbs shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix together the chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper to create the fajita seasoning.
- Toss together the shrimp, peppers, and onions with the olive oil and fajita seasoning. Lightly coat a baking sheet with vegetable oil. Spread out the shrimp, peppers, and onions onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes. Turn the oven to broil and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve with lime wedges and warmed tortilla
Recipe adapted from The Slender Kitchen. Shared by Kate Deren, Dietetic Intern at Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Serving size: about ¾ c. shrimp and peppers plus one tortilla, 293 calories, 6g fat, 22g carbohydrates, 4g total sugar, 4g fiber, 363 mg sodium, 40g protein